[NAFEX] northern blackberries

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 09:48:35 EDT 2006

I have trialed Prime Jim and Prime Jan primocame blackberries here in zone 2/3. As I
expected they can be grown here but it will be a very rare year that they can be ripened.
This is our longest frost free season in many years and their berries are still bright
red. (95 day frost free is the normal designation here - hard frost by mid sept,  last
year was Aug 22; so far this year by Sept 29 we have had only light frost).I will be
happy to dig and sell a few mature plants to nafexers in a warmer zone to recoup what I
spent on starts. I would say Z4 or warmer would have good possibility. Anyone in Z4 tried
them?
     Also I have a batch of Fort Kent King blackberry plants to get rid of, they are dug
and bare rooted, if interested contact me asap (cut/paste my address and email
privately).I trialed these for John Bunker of Fedco in Maine. They are borderline in this
zone, but have good potential in Z4 or warmer.
Del, N. Minnesota Z 2/3