[NAFEX] stiff squirrels

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 09:46:01 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/29/2006 5:53:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BekeeprTop at aol.com writes:

> Once harvest ends, there is no need for squirrel killing to continue.

Hi Charles,

I beg to differ. The ones you don't kill breed a new supply next March. Then
you have more to dispatch (for those that don't like the K word) next year.

The over all squirrel population is too high. When you eliminate those in
your immediate area effectively lowering the density, the ones in the over filled
areas move in. I've been watching it for years.

Tough little buggers to carry of a full burr. The weight of one laying on
your hand will pierce the skin of even calloused working hands.

Jerry