[NAFEX] Getting Sick from Wild Mushrooms

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Fri Sep 29 09:15:53 EDT 2006


Mushroom experts tend to talk about mushrooms not being very digestible.  As 
we age we tend to make less stomach acid for digesting protein, and so the 
pH meter on the pancreas doesn't tell it to dump as much of it's 
enzyme-containing buffering solution.  In general Americans seem to be aging 
and developing degenerative diseases earlier than they should, probably due 
to the diet being so poor in minerals and vitamins.  At work we have a place 
on the intake form for people to list their medications, illnesses or rather 
more like their degenerative conditions as they aren't contagious.  I have 
celiac disease, which causes malabsorption, so I used to be a lot more like 
these people before I quit eating wheat.  It was like I was on a very poor 
diet!    Donna 




More information about the nafex mailing list