[NAFEX] Enough of the killing

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Sep 27 21:17:59 EDT 2006

Why not give the squirrels something else to eat. If you will notice in
larger orchards there is only minimum damage and only at the edges of the
orchards, usually. They can only eat so much. There are also tree guards
that are inverted cones of metal so the squirrels cannot climb the tree, but
it is only effective if there are no trees nearby that they can jump from.
In urban settings the squirrels are under pressure to find something to eat
while in rural settings there is plenty to eat so there is less damage. Like
organic gardening try alternate methods.
Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard
www.oakcreekorchard.com