[NAFEX] Squirrels & deer

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Sep 25 11:46:09 EDT 2006

At 10:30 AM 9/25/2006, Barry wrote:
>For those of you who cull them, but don't eat them, don't overlook local
>wildlife rehab facilities that rehab hawks, eagles, owls, etc.  A friend
>once spent 3 months culling them from his orchard and freezing them.  A
>local rehabber was happy to get the feed.

Good point.
We ran a raptor rehab center here at the lab for years, and I was
always on the lookout for roadkill squirrels, rabbits, and even small
opossums, to be fed to the birds.  Stopping to pick up roadkill
critters mortified my kids even more than my leaf-hauling forays
throughout the fall.

Lucky