[NAFEX] Selling pawpaws

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 10:21:35 EDT 2006

>Our pawpaw crop this year is the best ever.

Our pawpaw crop is probably the worst ever. Wild pawpaws are probably the most common understory plant around here, and usually start to drop abundant fruit about this time each year. This year, I have seen one single fruit among hundreds of trees along our road. Usually, the fruits drop onto the pavement and splat, often covering sections of road with pawpaw mush. I noticed large numbers of flowers on the trees this past spring, so there must have been a problem with pollinators. Anyone else notice a lack of pawpaws?

Hal
zn 6b, TN