[NAFEX] Fruit to give away

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 23 12:38:35 EDT 2006

On Sep 23, 2006, at 6:43 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

>   I didn't
> have time to pick them, so I made up a sign saying "FREE, pick your own
> raspberries."  The director told me that the sign probably wouldn't do
> any
> good.  His clients desperately want raspberries but only if I pick and
> bring
> them.  Just in case, we hung the sign anyway and we hung it where it
> could
> not be missed.  The director was right.  Nobody came.  The berries
> ripened
> and fell on the ground with no one to pick them.

Wow.

In the Bay Area here, there's an organization that has volunteers that
pick fruit for delivery to the poor, disabled, etc.

http://villageharvest.org/

Unless the fruit doesn't taste good, seeing fruit rotting on the ground
is a sad sad sight.

Spidra Webster
http://www.myspace.com/meganlynch
http://www.spidra.com