[NAFEX] Fruit trees in the City

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Sat Sep 23 09:48:58 EDT 2006

    Los Banos, California's streets are lined with Carob Trees.  Despite the
many poor folk in the area, no one picks the fruit.  The pods fall on the
ground and are swept up and dumped.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

I like the idea.  It seems such a waste not to let some of that urban
ground produce.  But you're right there will be problems to work
through.  Around here there are lots of apple trees that aren't picked
at all.  I guess fruit is just too cheap and convenient at the store.  I
like the idea of more fruit trees around, especially in needy areas, but
I'm afraid if more apple trees were planted around here, it would just
mean more fruit to rot on the ground.  But I bet it would be different
in a more urban area.