[NAFEX] Morus Nigra for Zone 6

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Sep 23 06:24:18 EDT 2006

Dark mulberries don't always mean that they are Morus Nigra. The wild
mulberries are found anywhere in the east coast. Here in pa there grow
like week in my back yard, I pull them out and use them as understock.
Wild mulberries are usually hybrids of Morus Alba x Morus Rubra, they can
be really good or insipid.

Morus Nigra usually is better tasting than other species but are not as
hardy as the hybrids.

Bass, zone 6, pa