[NAFEX] The "mac" line

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Fri Sep 22 14:58:23 EDT 2006

Hello Fluffy,
Here in Quebec, if we talk Mac family, one of the most important (and one
of my favorites) is Lobo.
We also have Melba, important but it is earlier in season.
Then there are many varieties introduced more recently that were bred as
scab resistant Mac type:
Belmac, Novamac, Moira, Murray, Rihelieu, Rouville, to name just a few. I
don't think these are known at all in USA. I particularely like Belmac and
Novamac.
And so many others:
Britemac, Summerland, Hume, Patricia, St-Laurent, Princess Louise... We
could easily find hundreds.

Freedom is a 3rd generation descendant of Mac and, in my opinion, has very
little of Mac. As you say, it requires a lot of imagination.

Claude

A 01:49 06.09.22 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>Gang:
>
>Okay the fluffy one is trying to dust off his hare-brain and recall the
members of the Mcintosh class clan for a all "Mac family" tasing.  So I am
thinking:

>Cortland
>Empire
>Freedom
>Liberty
>Macoun
>Mcintosh
>Milton
>Puritan
>Shiwasee Beauty
>Snow/Fameuse
>Spartan
>Spencer
>
>What am I missing. What have I included that I should not?  I have never
tasted Shiwasee or Spencer, and I had to use my imagination on Freedom, but
the others taste Mac-ish to me.