[NAFEX] Getting Sick from Wild Mushrooms

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Thu Sep 21 09:44:11 EDT 2006


    I used to get sick every time I ate a wild mushroom for the first time.  No, none of them were poisonous.  I used a mushroom guide put out by the University of Minnesota making positive identifications, including spore prints.  After each first meal, I'd be nauseated for hours thereafter and I'm convinced that my distress was psychosomatic.  For years and years, my mother, et. al., convinced me that all mushrooms are poisonous and, after I learned the truth of it, my subconscious mind found it difficult to let go of 'old tapes'.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/private/nafex/attachments/20060921/e99a9c62/attachment.html 


More information about the nafex mailing list