[NAFEX] where is everybody?

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue Sep 19 18:56:49 EDT 2006

No posts in 9 days?  Is everyone harvesting?

What little news I have here:  My bagged pomegranates are reddening up.
We'll see how they do.  The squirrels tore a corner off a couple bags, but
the bags are intact and the fruit undamaged.

I wrote last year of my inedibly bitter plums here at the new house.  With a
couple years of TLC, this year they filled out, sweetened up, and look like
Damsons.  Wow.

I've given up on the soil here.  I plan to till under my attempt at garden
and cover crop the whole yard with a tilth-builidng, nitrogen-adding,
beneficial insect friendly, grass-choking mix: bell beans, winter peas, a
couple vetches, and oats.  We'll see if I can actually grow something next
year.  I haven't dared to put small fruits in after the strawberries did so
very poorly.

That's all the news from Garden Wobegon.

~ S