[NAFEX] Unusual Flavored Acorn

hector black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 19 17:14:40 EDT 2006

We've found leaching of the Turkey oak (Q acutissima) to be fairly easy.
Quarter, peel, put in blender with water to cover.  When no large pieces
remain, put in bowl or bucket with as much water as possible and pour the
water off for two or three days whenever you think of it - well, every 4-5
hours or so.  We dried ours on our basement wood furnace, but an oven would
work.  Very tasty.    Hector Black, zone 6, middle TN