[NAFEX] Unusual Flavored Acorn

Geoffrey Tolle Gtolle0709 at wowway.com
Tue Sep 19 17:09:10 EDT 2006

Folks,

     I'm not as serious about acorns as I'd like to be (I've never been
able to leach them properly) but I still try them on occasion. Today I
found a unique acorn, in my experience. Although it was a medium
astringency acorn it had a very strong vanilla-ish flavor to it that
stayed in my mouth slightly longer than the tannic acid. Has anyone else
experienced unusual tasting acorns like this before?

     I'll try several other acorns from this tree, if I can to confirm
that it is tree-wide. Too bad about the astringency. It would be
interesting to see if this vanilla-ish flavor leaches out with the
tannic acid.

Geoffrey Tolle