[NAFEX] puffball

Alan . yarrylo at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:28:32 EDT 2006

When I finally had the time last night to slice and fry the puffball I had
picked 2 days earlier, it had softened somewhat, and the interior, though
not yellow or brown, was an off-white color. The taste, both raw and cooked,
was slightly bitter, though I don't know whether the bitterness would be
detectable if spiced or part of a larger dish.  Have I, as I suspect, missed
the window of opportunity with this mushroom?
Alan Stein
Pittsburgh, PA