[NAFEX] puffball

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Tue Sep 19 09:16:33 EDT 2006

The puffballs were firm and white. I did perform the experiment in a low oven (200F) prior to my purchase of a real drier.  Perhaps the higher heat was the cause, or maybe there are different species involved, or maybe I was just particularly sensitive to a compound that you and your wife could not detect, or maybe it was because of any of a hundred other reasons that I've not thought of.

I've dried other mushrooms and agree that drying 'deepens' the flavour----shiitake and porcini are good examples of this.

Steve H. Lone Rock, WI (where it's another apple pressing day)