[NAFEX] Morus Nigra for Zone 6

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Sat Sep 16 23:13:42 EDT 2006

Matt wrote:
I have a variety called Kokuso, originally from Clifford England who is a
list member, his website slips my mind. It's been in the ground 3 winters,
badly mistreated, and transplanted twice in zone 5, western michigan. It is
doing very well, vigorous growth, a little bit of tip dieback, no fruit yet.
Supposed to be seedless. Anyways, it's surviving!

As far as I'm aware, Kokuso is a M.alba selection.  Large fruits with good flavor.  Have a 2 or 3 yr graft that produced a few berries this year - and no winter damage.

Lucky