[NAFEX] propagating apricots.

John Smith friendly27sw at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 17:03:34 EDT 2006

After I have dried apricot pits, I've put them in a
sealed plastic ziplock in a cool spot 65 degrees? so
maybe that prevents drying further and too much
drying.  I will admit I don't get 100% germination in
the spring by planting them in the fall, so if every
seed is important fall outdoor planting may not be the
best, it just saves a me a lot of bother when you
don't care if every seed grows. Of course I would
imagine climate could be important too, my central MO
zone 5 winter has been quite mild last few years and I
hill up my row 1 foot or so to improve soil drainage
away from the seed.