[NAFEX] Apples with brown inside

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:25:20 EDT 2006

Dear akmanty:

    The problem you describe sounds like a disease called moldy core which
infects the apple immediately post bloom.  It generally occurs during years
of near constant rains during the immediate post bloom period where the
organism enters the fruit from the bottom of the newly forming apple.

    And there is nothing much which can be done to prevent it.  Some
publications recommend application of the various edbc fungicides (Polyram,
Dithane, etc.), but I doubt that it would help.

    Hope this helps.

ed, So. Indiana, almost heaven (again)