[NAFEX] cider press using garbage disposal

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 04:31:07 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/6/2006 10:15:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu writes:

> So, any suggestions on getting the disposal/grinder to work longer without
> overheating?  We took off some of the soundproofing and fancy outer covering
> on the disposal, and set up a computer fan to blow air at it while operating,
> but it still will overheat and trip out sooner than I like.

While on the field trip at the just past meeting we visited the Univ. test
orchards. There they were also using a garbage disposal and had the same
problem. They said that the GE unit with plastic case works longest before
overheating.

Jerry