[NAFEX] grafting is simple-Wintercare?

Mark or Helen Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Thu Sep 7 00:05:32 EDT 2006

Thanks Derry and Tom, some good ideas.

Actually Derry, Kansas is in the Midwest (that's OK, it was only a few days
ago I learned the providence's of Canada, but don't ask me to list them,
after all it is a foreign country :-)  Still Kansas can get pretty cold too.
The coldest on record for this area (KC)  was -23F in 1989, but most years
the low temp is a much more comfortable -5F.  Last winter it didn't even
make it to zero.  Nevertheless it sounds like I should do something to
protect the graft.

Thanks,
Mark Angermayer
Zone 5 Kansas- where anything outside the Midwest is a foreign country

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:30:05 -0400, derry and bill
<wchase at interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I know nothing about the cooooooold East, but in south coastal B.C., the
> budded buds are fine down to about 12°C (10°F). What about those plastic
> spiral wraps used as tree guards against rabbits?

Hi,

Has anybody tried the foam, hot water pipe insulators?  Would keep off
wind, and offer some insulation.  You'd have to paint them white to
reflect sun, and prevent heat collection.

tom

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.