[NAFEX] grafting is simple

Erdman, James ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Tue Sep 5 10:46:44 EDT 2006

Derry said:

> I agree that grafting is quite simple, only one or two things to
> remember (have dormant wood in Spring, and match the cambiums). I think
> that it is in the aftercare of the graft where people fail.

That seems to be my problem--aftercare.  Any good references with good specific information on different kinds of trees, with the temperatures etc that are best?  Lots of books in my library, but none of them have consistently good info on aftercare of grafts.  I'd like to see info including setting out in a nursery, care in the nursery, digging and moving to the orchard, etc.

Thanks.

Jim,   in Menomonie, WI