[NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Sep 4 00:01:51 EDT 2006

Here's an old formula for grafting wax:
  One formula for grafting wax that is probably hundreds of years old
contains one part beeswax, one part plant resin, and sufficient lard or
tallow to make the wax soft and pliable.  Charcoal is frequently added
to prevent the sun's rays from hitting the newly joined tissue.  This
remains a practical formula for home use today.
I've seen recipes that used linseed oil instead of tallow.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.