[NAFEX] Grafting in the Bible

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Sat Sep 2 07:38:09 EDT 2006

Grafting goes back thousands of years, and have been mentioned in Romans
chapter 11,

"11:17  But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a
wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of
the root and of the richness of the olive tree;
11:18  don't boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who
support the root, but the root supports you.
11:19  You will say then, "Branches were broken off, that I might be
grafted in."

My Great grand parents who originally from Lebanon, used to graft the
wild olives. They used to wrap the graft with the bark of green
mulberries branch. Then apply some moist soil and wrap the whole thing
with a peice of cloth.

Bass,

Zone 6, Pa