[NAFEX] manure,heavy soil

jerry sietsema disk at iserv.net
Fri Sep 1 21:47:17 EDT 2006

Greetings,Anyone have ideas on helping heavy soils drain better with manure applications?I have tiling 40 feet apart on heavy clay soil.My trees are still slowly dying.In the summer the ground gets like concrete and when it is wet the tractor gets stuck.I have my rows on raised beds but they seem to level out after about 5 years.I do some sub-soiling also.Will the manure help break apart the clay particles and allow more drainage?I think my % organic is o.k. but I see alot of red clay showing thru in several spots.It is hard to move the tiling over  once it is buried.          thanks ,skip s zone 5