[NAFEX] grafting skill for pawpaw vs. two trees in a hole

Bassem Samaan bassem at gardener.com
Fri Sep 1 06:28:01 EDT 2006

I diffenitly agree that grafting pawpaw is easily done. I had great
success with grafting pawpaws, I was able to graft into a 1 year old
rootstock with no problem. I was planning to give away 2 trees to a
family member who have limited space, and they have no idea what grafting
is.

I'm also wondering if grafting pawpaws on Dwarf pawpaw rootstock, will
bring the pawpaw to bear earlier, and will limit the size of the tree.
Have anyone tried Dwarf Pawpaw as a rootstock?

Can't wait for Pawpaw season, I'll be going on a pawpaw tour here in Pa
towards the end of september. I hope they'll be ripe by then.

Bass,

Zone 6, Eastern Pa