[NAFEX] Plum tree leaves drying up and falling off

Nathan Torgerson nathantorgerson at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 23:03:02 EDT 2006

I haven't had any luck with google searches, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone esle has seen this and what to do about it.

  In about three weeks my two plum trees (Superior and Toka) have gone from healthy to having the leaves turn yellow, curl up, dry up and fall off. It's happening to the whole tree in both cases.  We havent had rain for a month and it's been hot (hit 100 for the first time in 11 years in Minneapolis today), but the trees have been watered every other day like the rest of my trees.  At first I thought it might be Verticillium wilt, but now I'm not so sure since it hit the entire tree at the same time.

  Thanks in advance,

Nate
  Andover, MN zone 4a