[NAFEX] elderberries under black-walnuts

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:00:56 EDT 2006

Let us know if the elderberries over-top & shade the multifloras.  Would be
nice to know something competes w/ those!  I don't want to think what your
harvesting will be like, w/ the multiflor thorns in the way.

Did anyone mention soil quality re tolerance of black walnut toxin?  Listers
have pointed out elderberries like sun, probably hurt by shade more than the
toxin, but I've noticed more success w/ those things which "won't grow under
black walnuts" if the soil is very good.