[NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Wed Jul 26 21:41:56 EDT 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:47:51 -0400, Lon J. Rombough
> <lonrom at hevanet.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Professor invents 'ripeness' sticker
>

> Hello,
>
> I can't stand the stickers the fruit already have.  Now there will
> be two
> stickers per fruit?

I'm dubious, too, but there's no reason they couldn't print the same
info ("4044, oregon", or whatever) on the ripeness-sensing sticker,
and still only have one.

I hate the stickers, too, but they do make it easier for merchants to
stock, price, and track multiple cultivars of the same fruit without
training ever clerk as to what a "Jonagold" looks like.

Ginda