[NAFEX] new way to tell if fruit is ripe

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Wed Jul 26 19:20:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:47:51 -0400, Lon J. Rombough <lonrom at hevanet.com>
wrote:

>  Professor invents 'ripeness' sticker

Hello,

I can't stand the stickers the fruit already have.  Now there will be two
stickers per fruit?

How will this work with bagged fruit?  How about a pile of fruit?

I cannot imagine this product working reliably.  How does the sticker know
if the ethylene gas is coming from the fruit it is attached to, or the one
adjacent to it?

Seems like a new "fad" for the masses.  Guess I'll do less fruit shopping
in sticker land.

Later,
Tom