[NAFEX] Richard's Pomegranates

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sun Jul 23 13:14:03 EDT 2006

Folks - When Richard Ashton offered pomegranate cuttings I asked him if any
might make a go of it in Long Island's zone 6-7, and he had two that he
thought might possibly. I received four cuttings in February and followed
his instructions. All four leafed-out and rooted, and when it was warm
enough I moved them outside. A few weeks later one suddenly failed, I don't
know why, but I am left with three pretty little trees ready to go in the
ground.

Thanks Richard, I will keep you posted on their progress.  dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.