[NAFEX] Pecans

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Jul 23 11:55:44 EDT 2006

I started a batch of pecans from seed some years back and I was told
that the way to get them to germinate was to use a sharp knife to pop
the suture just a tiny bit.  That allows the kernel to imbibe water and
it will germinate within a few days.  Worked for me.  Everything
germinated within a week of planting.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.