[NAFEX] Pecans

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sun Jul 23 11:30:20 EDT 2006

Folks - After a discussion about pecans last January, Lucky sent me two bags
of hardy pecan (and other) nuts for a shelterbelt type effort. I scored,
soaked and planted 75 in containers in April - May. Since then they have
been sitting out under a squirrel barrier of 1" x 2" fencing weighted with
rocks.

Just as I was beginning to despair of getting any plants they have started
popping up, and as of this morning I have 15 seedling pecans - none of the
named varieties or shagbarks yet, Lucky. And No, Joan, I haven't forgotten
you. How many did you want?

Thanks again Lucky.  dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.