[NAFEX] Blackberry/wild plants

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Sun Jul 23 10:07:02 EDT 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 9:20 AM, list at ginda.us wrote:

> i can't think why
> someone would reject a plant for being found rather than
> intentionally bred.

Maybe they're worried about irresponsible collection? Some plants
shouldn't be wild collected as they're endangered in the wild. This is
unlikely to apply in the case of Jim's brambles; but some people may
just have heard that you shouldn't take wild plants, and not realize
that this doesn't apply to all plants in all circumstances.

If they're just under the impression that wild always equals dangerous,
the depth of the ignorance is much greater.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly