[NAFEX] Zone 3 Blackberry

Michael Dossett phainopepla at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 12:38:59 EDT 2006

I agree with Bill on this take.  The northern
blackberry species have been used very little in
breeding erect and semi-erect blackberry cultivars in
the eastern US and so there is a lack of cultivars
that are consistently hardy past zone 5.  I definately
think there would be some demand for this.  I think
the trick would be being able to distribute it widely
enough for it to become worthwhile for you.

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, OR
phainopepla at yahoo.com