[NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Jul 20 15:52:12 EDT 2006

This season we thought we would use the Great Lakes traps and lures on
recommendation of our contracted entomologist.  Spent several hundred
dollars and never caught a single PC but had plenty of fruit damage.  In the
past 15 years, Royal Oak Farm has never found a good trap and lure that
works.  The good ole "shake the tree and see what falls" method has proved
more valuable than any trap we have used.  We got more damage using the
traps this year than ever before.  Next year, we go back to shakin'!

For what it's worth!!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com