[NAFEX] Japanese Beetle Damage

Scott Williamson ScottW at acespower.com
Thu Jul 20 08:37:17 EDT 2006

Well I skipped all of about 4 or 5 days between visits to my orchard.
In that amount of time the Japanese Beetles came out and completely
stripped my plum trees and grape vines.  Not a single leaf left on the
plums and only a couple on my grape vines.  They mostly stripped my
cherry trees as well.  These trees are 2-3 years old each so I'm not too
worried about them, but I didn't know if it might be wise to do
something special for them to help them recover this year.

Oh, and of course the Japanese Beetles were 99% gone two days later when
I went out to take care of them.