[NAFEX] Ferbam IS available in the U.S.

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Wed Jul 19 16:54:50 EDT 2006

Check your nurseries, which should have a wider selection than hardware
stores.  Copper/sulfur fungicides are widely available (and organically
approved), and Serenade - which you could use instead of Mycoshield,
particularly if you want to be organic - is also pretty widely available
(I've seen it in drug stores, and Wal Mart carries it).  I do try to get my
supplies from local nurseries when possible and cost effective.  Sometimes
online is less expensive, and you can certainly find a wider selection.

Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Mark or Helen
Angermayer
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:32 PM
To: Dennis Norton; North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ferbam IS available in the U.S.

Where can one purchase things like Mycoshield.  Do most people obtain these
kinds of sprays on-line.  It would be nice to just get this stuff at the
local hardware store, but Kansas (great place that it is) isn't a banner
state for fruit production, and stores just don't carry much in fruit
sprays, organic or no.

Mark Angermayer

Zone 5 Kansas

Wishing I lived in Washington