[NAFEX] Nut less Black Walnuts

Clifford England England's Orchard and Nursery nuttrees at prtcnet.org
Mon Jul 17 22:14:29 EDT 2006

  Yes there is 2 non nut producing ornamental Black walnuts trees available
the names are Lanciata cut leaf, and K-13 Fern leaf.   Both trees have
dwarfing characteristics and grow slow and these trees are most desirable
grafted at 4 feet from the ground.

 I have seen on a 15 year old tree small nut lets form but the nut never get
larger than a dime and drop off. But I will admit that I would really like
to get nuts from the two cultivar.   For use in a breeding program and that
was my intentions. I grow both cultivars here at our place.

Thank you
Clifford England
England's Orchard and Nursery
316 Ky HWY 2004
McKee, KY. 40447
Specializing in Exotic fruit and Nut trees for alternative crop.   Phone 606
965 2228 / 2270   Cell # 859 582 2114  On the web at www.nuttrees.net
Email nuttrees at ptrcnet.org