[NAFEX] currant joke

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Mon Jul 17 21:23:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

Some fruits need preperation to be enjoyed.  Take quince for example.  A
great fruit if you cook it.  A persimmon if not eaten at the height of
ripeness (looks spoiled) is so astringent it will make you pucker, and you
won't try it again.

I have Ben Lomond and Titania black currant, and they have the spicyness
that some people do not enjoy raw.  I make these spicy currants into wine
and jam.

However, there are many currant varieties that have no spicyness (red
currants, white currants, Crandall (black), Buffalo (black), jostaberry
(black).

Your mileage may vary.  Buy some black currant wine and then decide.  Buy
some "Ribina" concentrate and reconsider.

http://www.scotchblock.com/
http://www.englishteastore.com/bev010.html

Tom