[NAFEX] How not to allow unauthorized copying of a CD.

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Mon Jul 17 02:28:27 EDT 2006

You can buy software to copy-protect your CD.  However, if someone really
wants to make copies, they'll be able to find a workaround.  You can make
copying difficult, but not impossible.  You would want to test your
copy-protected CD on different platforms with different readers to make sure
nothing interferes with normal use.  This isn't a computer forum, you're
more likely to find specific information, such as reviews of copy protection
software, online.

Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:01 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] How not to allow unauthorized copying of a CD.

Dear Nafexers,

I am bringing out a CD on some useful plants and shall be soon offering it
to people.  I do not want that the buyers make its copies for further
distribution.

I have noticed that it is not possible for ordinary persons like me who are
not expert in compter work to make copies of some CDs.

Can any of you guide me what to do in order to stop or atleast discourage
unauthorized copying of my CD.

Thanking you,

Very truly yours,

Dr.Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant of Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com