[NAFEX] other wildlife-feeding

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sun Jul 16 10:10:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/25/2006 5:54:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
interverbis at videotron.ca writes:

> I am experimenting with a radio. I have purchased a cheap portable emergency
> radio working on 2 "AA" bateries, as the deers enter the far end of the
> valley where it is too far for running electricity (at least for a trial).

Hello,

This didn't work as a preventive for myself.

Placed the radio in a bucket laying on the side for rain protection. Turned
up volume to max. About third night later I went to check the corn patch where
placed and a doe was standing not more than 10 feet from the radio. The doe
died while the radio was playing, "Young Love, First Love."

The radio did help by masking my footsteps. She didn't hear me approaching.

Jerry