[NAFEX] Black Currants

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sat Jul 15 14:05:58 EDT 2006

Hello All,

Some may disagree, but I find the scent of black currants invigorating and
healthy.  Just started picking my Ben Lomond.

I have a question... (or two)

How is the taste of a black currant variety rated?

I find the Titania is a bit sweeter, but lacks some of the spicyness of
the Ben Lomond.  Some spicyness of Ben Lomond comes through as an
aftertaste.  I would rate the Ben Lomond the better berry, but only by a
titch.

It is not like comparing apples where taste can be so diverse.

Second...

Is there a good black currant tea recipe (leaves/stems/berries) out there?

So how do currant varietiess get rated (flavorwise)?

Thanks,
Tom