[NAFEX] Apple problem?

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Fri Jul 14 12:21:30 EDT 2006

Hello,

Does anybody have experience with Court Pendu Plat apple?

Every season my leaves curl inwards lengthwise, and by the end of the
season are green, but brittle.

For two years I thought it may be powdery mildew.  There is no evidence of
mildew though, it just resembles the pictures;

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/disease_descriptions/disease_images/photo2-1.jpg

There is no insect damage, or any insects rolling the leaves.

I used Bordo spray and that has not helped either.  Yet everyone indicates
how easy powdery mildew is to control.  I am having no luck, and wonder if
it is not a varietal problem.

Not a common apple anyway, and I can only buy over the counter sprays..

Thanks,
Tom