[NAFEX] Fruit Tree and goat care

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Thu Jul 13 17:08:50 EDT 2006

At 02:07 PM 7/13/2006, Donna wrote:
>     Sheep, by contrast, much prefer grass and don't stand up on their hind
>legs to get things they shouldn't.  They WILL bark trees from time to time,
>just for a change I suppose.  We never saw our sheep eat anything but grass,
>but I have read other people's laments about bark eating.
I'm a lot less familiar with sheep (aka pasture lice, range maggots.
LOL) than I am goats, but there are some breeds that are noted for
their browsing habits - I probably need to email my sheep buddy up in
VA, to get her to refresh my memory, but seems like it was either
Finns or Lincolns - but it could be both, or neither.
Regardless, I'd be inclined to agree with Donna, that it would
probably be easier to protect fruit trees/ berry bushes from sheep
than from goats.

Lucky