[NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

K Q kumquat at operamail.com
Thu Jul 13 11:22:09 EDT 2006

Dear Mr. Callis:

Making the roots sucker works better in spring, when the roots have there maximum amount of carbohydrate in them. Not sure if "depleted" roots will cooperate with you at this time of year, but it is worth a try I suppose.

You could also try digging up pencil sized pieces of root in the winter and attatching matching peach scions directly to the root via grafting, and callus the thing in a very warm, moist environment, like maybe a styrofoam cooler box with heat regulation. Or just turn of the thermostat in your house to 85 F!

Kenneth Q.

Message: 4