[NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

oliver smith callis oliversmithcallis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 18:28:46 EDT 2006

Thanks for the replies & suggestions. I should have clarified I do not own
or control the property (which is at risk of being developed) and am limited
to propagation strategies to preserve this rootstock & variety. For the
rootstock- I though I might dig up one of the roots and expose part of it
above ground, protect it with a milk carton with the bottom cut off (staked
to the ground), add some fertilizer and see if I can't get it to sprout.
Then sever the root from the tree and replant it. Does this seem feasible?
Also, what if I took root cuttings, dipped them in rooting hormone and left
them in a rooting medium-vermiculite type mixture...
Much appreciated,
Oliver