[NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

Nate nrhora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:44:31 EDT 2006

O.Callis,

First of all, MOVE THE HORSES! You really need to keep livestock/farm
animals in seperate pens/areas. Once that's outta the way...

A Mr. Molikonomor once was in a similar situation, and wanted to
restore his orchard to it's former glory. One suggestion he put
forward on my calling, was to move said trees to an exisiting or new
area where there is rich soil saturation, proper drainage.

If in either a existing/new area, make sure proper spacing is in
place, because you want to achieve lateral positioning of trees, so
they look uniform, row by row.

In our opinion an existing area would be ideal, as there is strong
rootage already in place, which will have a more likelyhood of
survivability, since there is less chance of erosion taking place.
Also noted is that cross-polination will exist on a better scale, as
more trees will be able to breed.