[NAFEX] Identity crisis - Nectarine

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Jul 6 20:10:24 EDT 2006

Most likely someone ate lunch there one time and discarded nectarine
pits, one of which managed to grow and become the tree you found.  It
could be free of pests simply because it's far from anything that might
foster them.  Plant it in the midst of a peach or nectarine orchard and
it would probably be no more resistant than the rest.
The bitterness could be an inherited trait, depending on what the
pollen parent was, or it might have been due to nutritional deficiency
in the site you found it.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.