[NAFEX] Golden Berry (aka. Cape Gooseberry)

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Wed Jul 5 16:17:47 EDT 2006

When I lived in zone 7a, cape gooseberry grew easily and prolifically as an
annual from seed.  I grew the variety you mentioned, 'golden berry'.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Nate
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:19 AM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Golden Berry (aka. Cape Gooseberry)

Thx for the prompt response. So are you suggesting, that with proper
spacing/control environment and garden maintenance techniques, the
golden berry can self-propogate quite freely?

This is great news then! After doing some more research, should be
able to can a dozen or so jars of this beautiful succulent jam,
provided the seeds I plant actually do grow.